Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sometimes

You know, sometimes one thing leads to another...It just started with a home-made walnut-cinnamon bread. When the dough rising, I thought "well, I have time to make a soup". There, lentil soup, which is perfect for a dark, cold fall evening. When the soup simmering, I remembered the leeks in the fridge, and thought "well, I can whip up a quick leek quiche". Leeks were sauteed in slow heat, combined with eggs, millk, cornmeal and old cheddar cheese. By this time, the bread was ready and out of the oven with a heavenly smell. Then the quiche went in. When it was baking, I thought "well, I have time to make a salad". The usual things, mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, thinly sliced white onion, black olives and feta cheese, with a light vinaigrette. Then I set the table, called my husband to buy some smoked salmon on the way home. Then the quiche was ready, my hubby came, we had a nice supper.. well, a little nicer than a usual weekday supper...



No comments: