Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Home away

What do you need to feel at home ? I think I need a few favourite things. Like my favourite mug which my husband bought me from Paris. My pink soft blanket which I got when he was away and when I was feeling lonely and cold. My favourite slippers, which keep my -extremly cold-feet warm. Pictures of my family, books from favorite authors. Embroidery supplies and sketch book, and oh my laptop...

Since last November we were travelling back and forth between Ottawa and New York. During the Chrismas break we went to Turkey. And now, I'm in New York again, this time I'll stay couple of weeks. This is all good but I can't help feeling homesick... I love my home and being at home. When I'm away, even in a big and exciting city like New York, I always feel homesick.

My small studio apartment which will be my home for the next few weeks, is cute and warm and homely as it can be. But it still needs my mug, blanket, books, pictures and slippers to be my home. Of course it needs my better half as well, but he went back to Ottawa already. So his picture on my desk has to do it for now, until he comes back...

No comments: